Midsummer Mischief is set in the 1930s world of the leisured upper-class as immortalised by P G Wodehouse. It is set at Blandings, a house in Shropshire where events are leading up to the annual summer fete.
- Number of players: 25 (13 female, 12 male)
- Setting: Blandings Estate in Shropshire, in the 1930s
- Time to run: 4-5 hours (including setup and debrief - requires at least 3 GMs to run smoothly)
- Space Requirements: Large-ish room
- Authors: Nathan Gribble, Steve Hatherley, Heidi Kaye, Paul Snow
Complete game files
If you'd like to run the game, the files are here.
- A review of the Consequences 2012 run (as part of a general review of Consequences) by CJ
- Midsummer Mischief Design Notes
- Actual Play report by Sean Nitter in 2012
- Another actual play report by Sean - this time in 2015
- Lord Emsworth, JP: Clarence Threepwood, the ninth Earl of Emsworth and head of the household. Clarence has one brother and ten sisters. A magistrate.
- Lady Constance Keeble: Lord Emsworth's sister.
- Hon. Galahad Threepwood: Lord Emsworth's younger brother.
- Hon. Freddie Threepwood: Lord Emsworth's younger son, engaged to Aggie Donaldson.
- Lady Julia Fish: Sister of Lord Emsworth and mother of Ronnie
- Lady Dora Garland: Sister of Lord Emsworth and mother of Pru.
- Mr. Ronnie Fish: Nephew of Lord Emsworth, son of Lady Julia.
- Miss Prudence (Pru) Garland: Niece of Lord Emsworth, daughter of Lady Dora.
- Miss Veronica Wedge: Niece of Lord Emsworth, daughter of Col. Egbert Wedge and Lady Hermione Wedge.
- Miss Niagara (Aggie) Donaldson: An American heiress, engaged to Freddie.
- Miss Penny Donaldson: Niagara's younger sister.
- Orlo, Lord Vosper: Son of the Duke of Dunstable.
- Miss Myra Schoonermaker: An American heiress.
- Miss Aline Peters: Myra Schoonermaker's companion.
- Mr. Rupert Popjoy: Friend of Freddie.
- Colonel Mustard Potts: Fete organiser
- Miss Gloria Salt: Fiancée of Parsloe.
- Mr. Tipton (Tippy) Plimsoll: American millionaire
- Dame Daphne Winkleworth: Headmistress of a girl's school and mother of Huxley.
- Master Huxley Winkleworth: Dame Daphne’s son.
- Inspector Jervis of the Yard: A police inspector.
- Sir Gregory Parsloe-Parsloe, JP: Owner of Matchingham Hall. A magistrate.
- Mr. Rupert Baxter: Sir Gregory Parsloe-Parsloe's secretary.
- Mr. Sebastian Beach: Head butler at Blandings Castle.
- Mrs. Maudie Stubbs: Librarian at Blandings Castle.
Midsummer Mischief has been run several times, including:
- Intercon M in New England (March 2013)
- Fabulous Consequences 2012 at Naish near Bournemouth
- Convulsion 2000 in Leicester
- Intercon 14 in New England (March 1999)
- August 1998, at the World Science Fiction Convention in Baltimore, Maryland
- Furrytales - Short Stories, London June 1998