Venice is a freeform larp for 15 players set in mythic sixteenth century Venice. It was written at Peaky 2013.
Venice is ruled by five powerful families: the Capones, the Capulets, the Corleones, the Montagues and the Sopranos.
Lady Theresa Capulet, the Doge, the ultimate authority in Venice, has been murdered and the five ruling families of Venice are meeting to decide who is to replace her…
Venice is a factions game, where players are all members of one of the families and are vying for power.
- Number of players: 15 (all gender-neutral)
- Setting: Mythic sixteenth century Venice
- Time to run: 3 hours (including setup and debrief)
- Space Requirements: Large-ish room
- Authors: Kate Dicey, Steve Hatherley and Tym Norris with assistance from Debbie Hollingworth.
Complete Game Files
The complete game files for Venice are available here.
Cast of characters
The Capone Family
- Al Capone – head of the family, current Minister of Finance.
- Nic Capone – eldest Capone child.
- Sunny Capone – commands the Capone fleet, betrothed to Georgie Montague.
The Capulet Family
- Gabe Capulet – head of the family following the murder of Theresa Capulet, member of the Enlightenment.
- Bobby Capulet – commands the Capulet fleet.
- Jules Capulet – youngest Capulet child.
The Corleone Family
- Dom Corleone – head of the family, current Minister of Trade and Intelligence.
- Ant Corleone – eldest child, commands the Corleone fleet.
- Lee Corleone – youngest Corleone child.
The Montague Family
- Uno Montague – head of the family, current Minister of the Judiciary and member of the Enlightenment.
- Frankie Montague – eldest child, commands the Montague fleet.
- Georgie – youngest Montague child, betrothed to Sunny Capone.
The Soprano Family
- Joe Soprano – head of the family, current Religious Advisor.
- Jesse Soprano – eldest child, commands the Soprano fleet.
- Angel Soprano – youngest Soprano child and member of the Enlightenment.